Sunday 18 March 2012

Food, Drink and Tradition

              
     One of the most important things to consider when I travel is food!!!  I love food and food is one of the main determinants of my tourist experience.  I always research the food and drink of a destination prior to booking a vacation.  I am not a picky eater so anything that is put in front of me I will eat, it just has to taste good for me to enjoy it.  Maui’s traditional cuisine is influenced by Pacific Rim and New American styles, mostly Chinese, Mediterranean and Mexican.  Many dishes include pork, chicken, seafood and local Hawaiian fruit and vegetables that are prepared in a traditional Hawaiian way. 


Since I will be staying in the Four Seasons Resort in Maui, the restaurants located on the resort are inspired by traditional Hawaiian cuisine, therefore providing me with a full Hawaiian experience.  A classic feast in Hawaii is the luau, which is a traditional meal in Hawaii that comes with entertainment that is based around a pig roast served with potatoes, local fruit and vegetables.  Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment