Sunday 18 March 2012

Attractions and Recreational Activities

Golf in Maui

The one place where I feel peace and reflection is on a golf course, anywhere in the world.  Being out in the fresh air in the early hours of the day with the sun beating down on me, there is no better feeling in the world.  It allows me to reflect on life, enjoy the company I’m with and appreciate the nature that is given to us.  What an amazing site!

Wailea Blue Course

 Maui resort guest rate:  $150/person

General public rate: $190/person

*Prices subject to change, based on 2012 prices.

Tennis in Maui

The Wailea Four Seasons resort in Maui has a tennis club right on the resort.  For those days where I want to play a quick game of tennis and do not have the time to hit the golf course, I can get my exercise on one of the two sand-filled synthetic grass Omni courts right on the resort grounds, and be finished just in time for breakfast. 

*Complimentary use of tennis courts for resort guests

Snorkeling and Scuba Diving

Maui is home to some of the most spectacular reef and fish species in the world.  I appreciate anything that is very different from what I get at home, and the only way I can see anything close to this back home is at an aquarium.  It is not comparable seeing this underwater world up close and personal than experiencing this in Maui.  



*Complimentary Snorkeling for resort guests



Spa Treatments

I’ve never been to a spa before in my life, nor had a professional massage but I feel it may be an appropriate relaxing experience.  My sole purpose on this trip is to experience things I have not, or very rarely get to experience when I am back home, so why not hit the spa?  I am not sure if I will like it or if I will go back again to a spa but hey, this dream vacation is about new experiences and trying new things so how bad can a traditional Hawaiian massage be?

Lomi Mohala-  Herbal oil massage USD $165
Lomi Pohaku-  The use of heated stones USD $175
Lomi Aumoa-  Four handed massage with two therapists USD $300

Wailea Beach

Of course, no tropical Hawaiian vacation would be complete without spending majority of the time on a beach.  This is when I get the opportunity to lay back, reflect and listen to the sound of the people and the water hit the shore line.  I do not get away much, but when I do I let my senses take over and just appreciate the life I have and the people I know.  Endless hours can be spent at the beach all I need is sunshine, crystal clear water, great friends, food and cocktails.

Other

Molokini Crater Maui, Hawaii
The Wailea Four Seasons resort in Maui not only has a vast selection of recreational activities to keep their guests fully entertained during their stay, but the small villages throughout Maui also present their own activities.  Activities range from helicopter tours, to museums full of contemporary fine Hawaiian art, historical sites and tours of the Molokini Crater.  In the little time I will be there, I would love to experience as many of these activities as possible because who knows when I will be going back, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment